Thursday, July 14, 2011

Schaan 1 (part 2 tomorrow)

Here are some pics I've taken in my walks around Schaan, which is the most populated town in Liechtenstein.

The town is overlooked by the steeple of the St Laurentius church, which may or may not be featured against an impressive mountainous backdrop, depending on the weather.


 The last few days have been cloudy and with thunderstorms. Watching lightning fizzle around the Alps is better than any manmade lightshow.

Here are some more pics from my wanderings. 

Residential housing (if you are hearing 'the sound of music' playing in your brain, that's totally ok, and completely appropriate):

The Theatre Am Kirchplatz (TAK):
Camels and zebras - apparently not locals; there was a visiting circus:
The Waldorf School
Shops:
Today, I finally made it to the best coffee shop in town - Demmel Kaffee (you may recall from this post, that The Programmer and I loved their espresso cups so much that we bankrupted our travel budget to own some.
What could be better? No matter which side of the world I'm on, it's a guaranteed happy moment if I'm sitting in front of a great espresso in an actual roasterie. Not only that, but the owner, Peter, who has met me exactly once and speaks good English, welcomed me like a long-lost friend, and set me up in a window seat so I could re-caffeinate, watch the world go by and feel good about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...